Millionaire Mindset Summary:
Attracting Everything You Want In Life
Introduction: Waking Up to Your Eternal Greatness
● Having more money isn’t so much about changing the way you work as it is changing the way you think. You have the ability to make as much money as you want.
● For our entire lives, we’ve been told that the only way to make money is to win the lottery or work harder. The odds of winning the lottery are tiny. And it’s not true that working harder always gets you more money. There’s not a direct correlation between how hard you work and how much money you make.
● There is a direct correlation between your money mindset and how much money you make. In other words, the way you think about money has a real and direct influence on how much money you actually make. Your money mindset can either catapult you to wealth or keep you in poverty.
● This is why most people never reach the level of success they truly want. They don’t have an effective mindset about achieving success and gaining wealth. They’re trapped where they are and don’t know how to change.
● Does this describe you? Not reaching your full potential? Not financially free? Not truly happy? Asleep at the wheel? Then this book is for you. You simply need to keep an open mind. Beliefs you’ve held for many years will be challenged.
Myths You’ve Believed About Money
● There’s a good chance that what you believe about money is simply wrong. We’ve been conditioned by society, our parents, and our friends to believe certain things about money. And most of us have believed those things without ever questioning them.
● As a result, we have what you might call a “difficult” relationship with money. We want more of it but can never seem to get enough. We know that it can achieve great things, but we feel conflicted when we spend it.
● It’s because we’ve believed a lot of myths and lies about money. As a result, we haven’t achieved the level of success that we truly want. If you want more success, money, and happiness, then it’s crucial that you stop believing money myths and master your mindset about money.
● Money Myth #1: Money is Evil. We’ve all heard it said that money is the root of all evil. But is this true? Is money actually evil? No.
○ Take a minute and think about what money actually is. Money is simply printed paper. Or a chunk of metal, like a gold bar. Or just digital numbers in your bank account that go up and down. Is that paper or metal inherently evil? No. Money itself is neutral. It’s not good and it’s not bad.
○ It’s what you do with money, not money itself that is good and bad. You can do great good with money. You can give it to people in need. You can buy something for yourself that you really want. You can start a charity. You can help your friend start a business
● Myth #2: People Who Want Money Are Greedy.
Many of us carry around the assumption that only people who are greedy want more money. We assume that if we want money, we’ll become like Ebenezer Scrooge, always hoarding money but never giving it away. Is this true? No.
○ It’s what you do with money that truly matters. So yes, you can be greedy and simply want to accumulate as much money as possible. But having more money also allows you to be extremely generous. It allows you to give good things to other people. It allows you to donate to charity.
○ You simply can’t do those things if you don’t have money. You can’t be generous if you don’t have money. If you want to be financially-generous, you have to have some finances in the first place.
● Myth #3: There Is Not Enough Money. If you grew up in a house where finances were regularly “tight”, then you may harbor the belief that there is not enough money. You believe that the reason you don’t have enough money is because there simply isn’t enough money to go around.
○ Let’s step back a minute and evaluate this belief. How much money is in the world? Trillions of dollars. There is more than enough money for everyone. There is not a scarcity of money. In fact, there is an actual abundance of money in the world.
○ With a scarcity mindset, you believe that there is never enough. You feel like you have to hold onto everything you have because you never know when it will be gone.
○ With an abundance mindset, you believe that there is more than enough for everyone. When you get money, it doesn’t mean that someone else is not getting money.
● Myth #4: I’ll Never Make Enough Money. If there is more than enough money in the world for everyone, why should you believe that you’ll never make enough? You’re an incredibly talented person that has so much to offer the world, and it’s critical that you believe that.
○ But in order for this to be your reality, you have to believe it first. You have to stop buying into the lie that you’ll never make enough money and start affirming that you’re going to make more than you could imagine. Remember, you have to master your mindset.
● Myth #5: If I Make More Money, People Won’t Like Me. This is a common myth that many people believe, especially if their parents didn’t like people who had money.
○ But the reality is we don’t dislike people who make money. We dislike those who flaunt their wealth in an arrogant way. If you make more money and then start bragging to your friends about how awesome you are, then sure, they might not like you anymore.
○ But if you use your increased income to help people, others will actually like you more! And they certainly won’t begrudge you for spending some on yourself.
● Myth #6: I’m Just Fine Without Money. If you've struggled for a long time to achieve financial stability, then you may have convinced yourself that you’re just fine without having any money.
○ Are you really living your absolute best life? Are you the best version of yourself that you can be? Are you able to live fearlessly, generously, and joyfully?
○ Money makes many things possible that aren’t possible otherwise. Money allows you to expand your horizons by traveling the world. It allows you to deepen friendships by going out to dinner with your close friends. It allows you to support worthy causes.
○ If you don’t have money, you can’t expand into your full potential. You can’t be your best self.
The Power of Your Mind: Having an Abundance Mindset
● Your mind is an incredibly powerful thing. It’s far more powerful than you can even imagine. What you think about has an incredible effect on the quality of your life and whether you reach your dreams.
● If you want to be happy and attract wealth, it’s important to adopt a certain mindset. You must have a mindset of abundance. Because of this, it’s absolutely essential that we learn to master the way we think about wealth and abundance.
● What most people fail to realize is that their mind creates almost all of the outcomes in their lives. Every outcome you’re experiencing right now, whether it’s positive or negative, is primarily the result of your thoughts.
● Your focus determines what you attract. Focus on positive things and you’ll attract positive things. Focus on negative things and you’ll attract the negative.
● If you’re not experiencing what you want in your life, it’s primarily due to what’s happening in your inner world. The good news is that you are the one in control of your inner world. You determine what you think about and focus on.
○ The more you control and shape your inner world, the more you will control and shape your actual reality.
● If your outer world is a reflection of your inner world, then it’s absolutely essential that you master your mindset about money. If you have a scarcity mindset, believing that there is never enough money, then that is exactly what you will attract into your life.
● But if you believe in the abundance of the world, you’ll attract abundance into your life. If you believe that there is more than enough for you and everyone else, you’ll begin to manifest more abundance into your life.
● Whether you believe in God, universal intelligence, or the energy behind all things, you must believe that it wants you to have money. Because it really does. The universe has your back. It doesn’t want you living in scarcity.
● Regularly affirm this. Tell yourself these things over and over again until they’re burned into your brain. Until you believe them with all your heart and soul.
● Once you start having an abundance mindset and open yourself up to all that the universe wants to give you, you’ll start seeing opportunities everywhere.
○ You’ll see ways to acquire money that you never would have seen before.
○ Opportunities will drop into your lap out of nowhere.
○ You’ll begin to attract money in ways that surprise you.
● But you have to open your mind to the possibilities that are all around you. The universe is full of infinite possibilities, and just because you can’t see them doesn’t mean they’re not there.
● One of the best ways to choose abundance is through the practice of gratitude. Start practicing gratitude for all the ways that the universe is bringing abundance into your life. When you receive something good and positive, say a simple, “Thank you.”
Taking Action on Your Dreams
● An abundance mindset alone is not enough. Action is needed. You must start taking action on your dreams.
● When you have an abundance mindset and you start taking action on your dreams, you truly do become limitless. There is absolutely nothing that can stop you. You will achieve more than you thought possible.
● Abundance + Action = Dreams Become Reality. Once you start taking action, you’ll begin to see the things you dreamed about becoming your reality.
● Step #1: Write Your Dreams Down.
The first step is to write down your dreams and goals. Be as specific as possible when writing them down. You want to be so specific that you can see them in your mind’s eye.
○ The more concrete you can be when writing your dreams and goals down, the more you’ll be able to visualize them coming true.
○ The more you can visualize them, the more positive emotion you’ll feel around them and the more focused you’ll be on them.
○ And the more focused you are on your dreams, the more you’ll attract them into your life.
○ After you’ve written your dreams down, rehearse them again and again. Repeat them to yourself every single day. Affirm that they are going to come true. Say things like: “I affirm that I am going to double my income by XX date.”
○ Repeat these affirmations again and again until you believe with all your heart that they’re true. Even if you don’t know how these things are going to happen, affirm that they will. These kinds of affirmations create positive energy around you that will keep you motivated and on track.
● Step #2: Start Taking Action On Your Dreams.
Map out what specific steps you need to follow to achieve your dreams and then begin taking those actions. Don’t worry if you don’t have this all figured out. Just begin taking action on whatever the universe brings to mind.
○ If you have an abundance mindset and are open to the possibilities of the universe, actions will begin to pop into your mind. You’ll start to have ideas that you didn’t have before.
○ When the universe brings something to your mind, take action on it. The more you take action, the more impressive the results you’ll see. You’ll realize that you truly do have limitless potential. You’ll achieve things you never believed were possible.